Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer Vacation Part II






Alex was assigned a Tokyo trip. We had planned a trip to Tokyo for later in the summer so we could hike Mt. Fuji but that plan was not approved so this trip fell into our laps and I jumped at the chance to get to Tokyo at the military's expense. I got all my EML paperwork and was able to get on Alex's plane. I was able to sit in the jump-sit all the way up to Tokyo and I watched Alex fly and land the plane (the perks of being married to the pilot). We went to Tokyo Disney the first day. I think Alex was a little over the whole Disney thing since it was the second Disneyland in a month. Then we hiked Mt. Fuji. That was a long day, we started at 8:30am and crossed the gate at 8:06pm. Thankfully we went on a good day with no rain and very minimal winds. Since a week before a person died while trying to hike Mt. Fuji. I was able to get in contact with Mr. Fujita (family friend who knew me only as a baby) and meet him for lunch. I dragged Alex to another Disney park called DisneySea. We spent about 5 hours there and had a nice dinner on the ship. While we were in mainland we were on a mission to find the infamous underwear vending machine. We didn't have to go too far to find it along with some other crazy sex related machines. Alex and I walked around Shinjuku, Shabuya and Fussa at night. The only thing that I was not able to do was to go to a temple or shrine so that kind of sucked but we have at least another year left. All in all this was a action packed summer that is going to be really hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment